An easy and delicious vegan cinnamon pear crisp. Fresh pears are coated in a sweet cinnamon glaze and topped with a generous amount of crumble. It’s easy, perfectly sweet and made with simple plant-based ingredients.
I’m back with a delicious vegan dessert: A simple cinnamon pear crisp.
This recipe is inspired by my vegan apple crisp. The sweet and buttery crumble remains the same, but this time, we’re using pears as a base. If you’re looking for a change from all the apple desserts this season, this is a delicious alternative.
Similarly to my apple crisp, this recipe is made mostly with pantry ingredients you likely already have on hand. All you need is 20 minutes of preparation and 40 minutes of baking.
What you need: Pears, oats, flour, vegan butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
How to Make a Vegan Pear Crisp:
- Start by preparing the topping: Simply combine the dry ingredients, then add the vegan butter and mix until you get a crumbly mixture. Place the topping mixture in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, prepare the pears: Whisk the lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and water together in a medium bowl. Add your diced pears and toss until evenly coated.
- Assemble the recipe: Spread the pears at the bottom of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Top with the crumble and bake for 40 minutes at 375°F degrees.
Notes on the Recipe:
- This recipe was tested with Bartlett pears. You can try using other types of pears if preferred.
- You can peel the pears if preferred. You can also dice or slice the pears. Choose what you like the most!
- I used Camino golden cane sugar (Turbinado sugar). Regular granulated sugar will work too.
- This recipe can be made with white or whole wheat all-purpose flour or spelt flour.
More Fall Desserts:
- Vegan Apple Crisp
- Date-Sweetened Apple Crumble Bars
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Chai Cupcakes
Cinnamon Pear Crisp (Vegan)
- 10 medium pears, sliced or diced, peeled if preferred
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose white or whole wheat flour, spoon and leveled
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12" cast-iron skillet with vegan butter.
- Start by making the topping: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the vegan butter and mix it with the dry ingredients using your fingers or a fork until combined. Place the crumble in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and water. Add the pears to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer the apples to the prepared cast-iron skillet. Top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F or until the topping is golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm or cold with vegan ice cream if desired.
If you make this vegan cinnamon pear crisp, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!