Chickpea peanut butter ice cream pops. These popsicles are high in fiber, protein and healthy fats! The vegan ice cream base is made with chickpeas, dates, peanut butter and coconut milk. Simply blend the ice cream mixture, freeze it in popsicle molds, then dip the pops in chocolate. Easy, healthy and delicious!
Nutritious popsicles that are high in protein, fiber and healthy fats. They’re also sweetened with dates (and chocolate!). I promise, this recipe is better than it sounds.
For the ice cream base, we’re using my popular chickpea-nut butter ice cream. This vegan ice cream is made with 5 ingredients and requires less than 10 minutes of work. All you need is chickpeas, dates, peanut butter, coconut milk and vanilla extract. It’s so easy!
How to Make Chickpea Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pops:
Start by making the vegan ice cream base: Simply blend your chickpeas, dates, peanut butter, plant-based milk and vanilla in a high-speed blender. Blend it all until smooth and your ice cream mixture is done.
Pour your ice cream mixture into popsicle molds and store them in the freezer until frozen. For small popsicles, 4 hours might be all you need. For bigger popsicles, you will need more time.
Once the base is frozen, melt your chocolate with coconut oil. This will be your chocolate shell. Dip the popsicles into the chocolate and watch the chocolate form a shell almost immediately. Enjoy!
- You can substitute the coconut milk with your favorite plant-based milk. Almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk and oat milk all work very well. You can also use high-fat coconut milk if preferred.
- Don’t like the taste of coconut? Use another plant-based milk and use refined coconut oil with the chocolate. Refined coconut oil doesn’t add any flavor, but helps the chocolate form a shell.
- You can use other nut or seed butters in this recipe. Just remember that it will affect the flavor of the ice cream, so make sure to use a nut or seed butter that you love!
- For a sweeter ice cream, you can add a small amount of maple syrup to taste. Taste the ice cream mixture and add more sweetener if needed.
- Use your favorite vegan chocolate! This recipe will work with dark or milk chocolate. If using unsweetened chocolate, simply add a small drizzle as the flavor will be bitter and overpowering.
More vegan ice cream and frozen dessert recipes:
- Chickpea-nut butter ice cream
- Salted chocolate peanut butter ice cream
- Cashew coconut vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream
- Oatmeal cookie dough banana ice cream
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream sandwiches
- Vegan Chickpea-Nut Butter Ice Cream Cake
Chickpea Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pops
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 398ml (14oz) can coconut milk, low-fat (or about 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, more or less
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the chickpeas, dates, peanut butter, vanilla and coconut milk in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen. The freezing time will depend on the size of your popsicles.
- When ready to eat, melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave at 15-30 second intervals to avoid burning. You can also use a double boiler.
- Dip the popsicles into the chocolate to cover. You can also add a little drizzle if you want less chocolate. The chocolate should harden and form a shell within a few minutes. Enjoy!
If you make these chickpea ice cream pops, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!