A cozy blender mocha cashew latte. This mocha is made creamy thanks to cashews and is sweetened with dates. All the ingredients are blended together to make a simple latte in less than 5 minutes. This comforting and nutritious drink is perfect for the colder months.
This is not your typical latte. This vegan latte is made with cashews to create a creamy drink, without dairy or plant-based milks. It’s simple, delicious and comforting. All you need is a blender, 4 ingredients and 5 minutes.
Blender Mocha Cashew Latte Ingredients:
- Coffee: You can prepare the coffee using your preferred method. I use a French press or make a “long-shot espresso” by running my espresso machine until I get 1 1/2 cups of coffee. You can also make this recipe with decaf coffee for a low caffeine option.
- Cashews: The cashews are the secret ingredient to making this creamy drink. You don’t need any milk or plant-based milk! The cashews get creamy when blended with the hot coffee to create a sort of homemade “cashew milk”.
- Medjool dates: The dates are blended with the other ingredients to add sweetness to the recipe. You can also use a liquid sweetener to taste if preferred. Granulated sugar would work too.
- Cocoa powder: An important ingredient for making a mocha. Feel free to add more cocoa for a stronger chocolate flavor.
How to Make a Blender Mocha Cashew Latte:
Here are the simple steps to making a creamy blender mocha latte.
- Prepare the coffee
Start by preparing the coffee using your preferred method.
Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender, along with the warm coffee. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Blender Mocha Cashew Latte FAQ:
Unfortunately not. You do need a good blender to get the creamy finish. If your blender is on the weaker side, you might have some small date and cashew pieces floating in your drink. You don’t want that! Your options: You can try soaking your cashews overnight and letting your dates soak in boiling water for 5 minutes. You can also strain the latte using a fine mesh sieve before drinking. The results won’t be the same though. For a tested recipe that doesn’t require a strong blender, I recommend this salted maple hot cocoa.
If you want to use a different sweetener, you can replace the dates with maple syrup or granulated cane sugar to taste.
I don’t recommend using other whole nuts in this recipe. Cashews are softer and create a creamy drink. Other nuts might add an overpowering flavor or might not blend correctly. If you don’t want to use cashews, the best option is to use one tablespoon of almond butter.
Have you ever blended a hot soup in a blender? This is the same idea. My Vitamix blends hot liquids without a problem, but you can double check with your blender model to make sure that it works for you. That being said, be careful when removing the lid of your blender as there will be steam.
More Cozy Vegan Drink Recipes:
- Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Salted Maple Hot Cocoa
- Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Vegan Salted Caramel Latte
- Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- Cashew Dirty Chai Latte
Blender Cashew Mocha Latte Video:
Blender Mocha Cashew Latte
- 1 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons cashews, raw or dry roasted, unsalted
- 1-2 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or more to taste)
- Small pinch of salt
- Prepare the coffee using your preferred method. I use a French press or an espresso maker and keep it running until I get 1 1/2 cups.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender, along with the warm coffee. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
If you make this cashew mocha latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!