A filling beet falafel power bowl packed with falafels, spiralized beets, hummus, greens and a garlic tahini dressing. Customize it using your favorite vegetables or substitute the raw beets for pickled beets. Simple, hearty and nutritious!
I shared a falafel recipe on the blog last Monday, after a year testing the recipe, and I’m now sharing my favorite way to use them: In a big salad. This falafel power bowl is so filling and packed with nutritious ingredients.
I have no tolerance for boring salads. As you can probably tell from the other recipes on the blog, my salads need to be made with hearty ingredients. My favorites? Roasted vegetables (potatoes or sweet potatoes are the best in salads), quinoa, hummus, tempeh or falafels.
This salad has 3 of my favorite salad fillings – falafels, roasted potatoes and hummus.
To add a pop of color and texture to this salad, I also added spiralized beets. The crunch from raw beets is so good in a salad. If that’s not your thing though, use pickled or roasted beets (or skip them).
This falafel power bowl is so adaptable. Use your favorite greens, hummus flavor or falafel recipe. Switch the white potatoes for sweet potatoes. As always with my savory recipes, make it your own. Use what you have on hand and enjoy a colorful, nutritious salad.
There’s really nothing better than a hot and cold salad.
Beet Falafel Power Bowl
- 1 batch homemade falafels (or store-bought)
- 4 large handfuls leafy greens of choice
- 1 large beet, peeled and spiralized (see note)
- 2 large potatoes, cut into sticks
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 2-4 tablespoons water to thin, as needed
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the fries into an even layer (make sure the sheet is not overly crowded or the fries won't get crispy). Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the falafels using the recipe's instructions (or the package's instructions).
- Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl or jar, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the water. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until it gets to your desired consistency.
- Add a handful of leafy greens in each bowl. Add a spoonful of hummus of choice.
- Top each bowl with the spiralized beets (or pickled beets), falafels, fries and tahini dressing.
If you make this beet falafel power bowl, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!