A 4-ingredient chocolate banana smoothie that tastes like a milkshake. This nutritious vegan smoothie is made with bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter and almond milk. It’s ready in 5 minutes and is perfect for a quick breakfast or snack.
This is the smoothie version of my chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream. You get the same great chocolate banana ice cream flavor, but in the form of a smoothie. It tastes similar to a milkshake, but it’s vegan and sweetened with bananas. It’s nutritious and perfect for a quick snack!
It’s made with only four ingredients. I used frozen bananas as a base (just like you would with banana “ice cream”), which gives you a sweet, creamy ice cream-like shake. I then added some cocoa powder and nut butter for flavor. Finally, the ingredient that takes it from ice cream to a shake: Almond milk! Or coconut milk, or cashew milk, or soy milk. You choose! Yes, it’s as easy as that. You simply need to blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth and you get a delicious, chocolate shake.
Notes on the Recipe:
- You can use sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter if you’re allergic. If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s an incredible alternative!
- Feel free to use any plant-based milk you have on hand. Soy milk would add a good amount of protein, which would help make the smoothie more filling. Try using a plain plant-based milk as this is what was used to test this recipe.
- For more protein, fiber and healthy fats, you can add a tablespoon of hemp hearts.
Looking for a higher protein version of this smoothie? Check out my vegan chocolate peanut butter smoothie. I also have a chocolate tofu smoothie in my Cooking with Legumes eBook. Trust me, it’s better than it sounds.
And that’s it! I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do.
4-Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream Smoothie
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond or sunflower seed butter)
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
If you make this 4-ingredient chocolate banana smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!